About Our Team
What is Team 612?
In 1999, Chantilly Robotics FIRST Team 612 was established as part of a six week project in an engineering systems course in the Chantilly academy. 16 years later, Team 612 has grown to embrace the ideals of FIRST, and has managed to encompass over 100 members, and 10 mentors. We pride ourselves on having equal opportunity for everyone who joins us, regardless of status. Team 612 utilizes a corporate structure meant to simulate a real business environment, in order to prepare our members for a real life environment. The team is divided into five sub-teams: CAD, Mechanical, Electrical, Programming, Marketing. This allows our members to focus more on skills that they’re interested in pursuing outside of school.
What Our Members Say About Robotics
- "Over my two years on this team, I've seen it grow in both size and stature. As a member of 612, I feel at home, where everyone is family to me. I love this team, and I plan on returning for many years."Ananya IyerChief Financial Officer
- "There's nothing quite like FRC. Nothing that lets you learn new things, or meet new people, in quite the same way.David FiumanoProgramming Member
- “The environment to persevere and learn new things about engineering has enabled me to test some of my known skills and be able to work with a team.”Lachlan HudsonElectrical Member
- “I really like how people can join the team without having prior experience or knowledge on STEM. Members can learn the skills they need while on the team from mentors and veteran members.”Kelly TamFormer Marketing Director
- “I enjoy the opportunity to learn something new every day. Robotics gives me the opportunity to interact with experienced mentors who come from fields I’m interested in and have something new to teach me at every opportunity.”Julian NguyenAlumni
- “I was more interested in creative writing and theater than STEM. But I signed up and it was one of the best decisions of my high school life. The time I’ve spent here, has given me skills I would have never received elsewhere. I’ve grown an appreciation and understanding of engineering and it will be part of me for the rest of my life.”Taylor MatthewsAlumni
We Are Team 612
Our sub-teams work together, alongside mentors, to create a robot and teach members STEM skills, inspiring them and the community.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
As the CEO, Emmi oversees organization and progression of the team as a whole.View profile
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
As the CFO, Ananya handles all of the team’s finances and manages the team’s relations with sponsors. She is also the FIRST Step Director and manages all activities pertaining to the FIRST Step program.View profile
As the Marketing Director, Dalton manages outreach activities and media as well as handling business and public relations.View profile
Chief Operations Officer (COO)
As the COO, John handles day to day operations of the team and helps to manage sub-teams and inter-team communications.View profile
Marketing Sub-team Captain
As captain of the Marketing Sub-team, Raghava oversees the training and the operation of public relations members of the marketing team as well as public outreach. He is also in charge of making sure that Chantilly Robotics is constantly reaching out to the community and spreading STEM.View profile
As Electrical Captain, Sammy oversees the training and operation of the electrical team as well as all electrical and pneumatical aspects of the robot.View profile
As the Mechanical Captain, Peter oversees the training and the operation of the mechanical team as well as all mechanical aspects of the robot.View profile
As the programming captain, Champ oversees the training and operation of the Programming team as well as the code for the robot. He is in command of all the programmers on the team and is responsible for making sure that the code for the robot works every year as needed.View profile